This total interior renovation and dramatic exterior façade upgrade of Ariel Hall on the Knox Campus for the Central Ohio Technical College was designed to foster COTC’s objective to create a sense of place that would reflect the College’s commitment to being on the cutting edge of educational training.
Key project features include:
- Flexible classroom with multimedia on all walls can be arranged in any fashion.
- The Center for Academic Success, located on a highly visible corner of the first floor, showcases resource and study space for students and teachers.
- Development of the Program of Requirements (POR) to meet the College’s specific needs including classrooms, nursing lab, a digital media lab, science lab, administrative and faculty offices, and student lounge space.
- Sustainable design practices to improve overall energy efficiency in accordance with House Bill 251 and the USGBC LEED Program.
- Proactive cost management strategies, including project phasing and bid alternates, to provide as much scope as possible within the available budget.