As part of a campus planning effort to create a more efficient yet state-of-the-art environment, SHP evaluated the Klau Library to determine its ability to support the college’s future campus vision.
Key features include:
- Evaluation of the building’s structure determined the exterior skin wasn’t sound and didn’t meet thermal envelope expectations, resulting in a complete reskinning of the building while keeping the building structure.
- Development of cost estimates as well as phasing strategies for the complete renovation of 42,000 sf.
- All new HVAC as well as a new campus geothermal system.
- The design includes a variety of formal and informal meeting spaces to increase collaboration opportunities.
- A 15,000 sf addition houses administrative offices, a high security exhibit area and provides a new, more pedstrian friendly entrance.