The complete renovation of the largest academic building on campus integrates Miami’s “classroom of the future” prototype design and provides flexibility for future opportunities.
Key project features include:
- Assessment of the 1909 building including the structural integrity of the building envelope and original wood floors, as well as the development of cost estimates.
- The redesign of the building interior improves spatial organization and interior aesthetics.
- An existing gymnasium space was transformed into a flexible, multi-use seminar room offering fixed seating for large groups and informal seating for small group discussions.
- A complete technology upgrade includes distributed networking in all classrooms and offices and electronic projection screens/presentation systems in all learning rooms.
- All new mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, including air conditioning, new lighting, fire protection and better alarm system.