SHP recently completed a multi-phased renovation of and addition to this high school recognized throughout the country for its educational excellence. Originally constructed in 1929, the facility received a $10M, 59,000 sf Arts and Science Center addition in 1999 and an auditorium renovation in 2001. Both of these projects were also designed by SHP.
Key features of the most recent project include:
- 262,000 sf renovation includes preserving the historical, classic interior features and delivering advanced, wireless educational environment.
- 77,000 sf addition includes new music wing, 15 classrooms, 1,200-seat gymnasium and 6-lane swimming pool.
- Exterior improvements include new courtyards, plaza and dining area.
- Multiple bid packages resulting in nine overlapping construction phases occuring over four years of construction, all the while keeping school in session.
- Design and construction of $5M temporary swing space for 2,400 students.