This new facility was designed to meet the distinct needs of children ranging in age from seven to eighteen years old. The project is being delivered under an integrated design and construction process with Haglage Construction. Key features include:
- The building’s front exterior compliments a previous building on site while the back exterior defines space with color and material. The topography of the site drops off in the back offering views to a heavily wooded area.
- Divided into four age-group areas – teens (in high school); tweens (7th-8th grade); hot shots (4th -6th grade); and cadets (2nd and 3rd grade) – the facility offers each group its own indoor and outdoor space.
- The lobby offers views into the full-size gymnasium with six half courts. A stage, with adjacent control booth and sound studio, opens into the gym for performance arts.
- An art studio supports clay, painting and drawing work. Overlooking the woods beyond, a covered outdoor balcony provides an opportunity for inspiration.
- A soft seating lounge with fireplace gives kids an area to hang out. A library offers a quiet space to study or for tutoring.