SHP’s longstanding relationship with Fairfield City Schools continues today. In 2010, SHP delivered a master plan that responds to values uncovered using the Schoolhouse of Quality® engagement process. SHP is currently designing the resulting building program, three new educational facilities, after successfully assisting the district in passing a $61M bond issue in 2014.
Our current work includes:
- A new $17M, 90,000 sf elementary school to replace Central Elementary.
- A new $28.3M, 144,000 sf Freshman school to replace the current facility.
- An entirely new $17M, 90,000 sf elementary school to accommodate the needs of the growing district.
Additional projects that highlight our service to the district:
- A new 315,000 SF high school, including a professional-quality auditorium with grand stage and orchestra pit, as well as the 3,000-seat Arena.
- $7.2M, 85,000 SF elementary school with an enclosed courtyard that may be used as an outdoor educational space, an art room with pottery kiln and two music rooms.
- A variety of improvements projects, including roofing, paving and facility renovations and additions.